You’re 5. FIVE. I can’t quite wrap my mind around it! You’re growing up so fast & it’s almost too much for this mama’s heart! This has been quite an interesting year with many blessings and a lot of challenges (hello, global pandemic). Through it all, you’re almost always smiling or laughing or trying to make us laugh, and I am so grateful for your joy. You’re a ball of non-stop energy and comedic timing and sweetness and smarts all rolled into one.
You have this fiery free spirit, but you also want to please people and you look up to your big sister a whole lot. Based on what I hear from your teachers & other parents of kids you know, you’re also a natural born leader & everyone’s friend – I pray you keep those qualities and forever use them to be a positive influence and to make everyone around you feel seen and known.
And Pumpkin, you have more sass than we know what to do with!!
Some of your favorite things are:
- Practicing writing your letters
- Doing tricks on your scooter
- Hanging out with our neighbors (& typically asking them for treats without directly asking for it)
- Wearing fancy dresses
- Daddy reading your bedtime stories & singing to you at night
- The Little Mermaid
- Drawing in the driveway with chalk
- Your Pre-K4 teachers
- Wrestling with Daddy and sister
- Coming to sleep in mommy & daddy’s bed at night
- Playing dress up – you still have the best “royal/princess” facial expression!
- Using backpacks – and filling them with as much random stuff as you can, no matter where we’re going
- Making people laugh
- Wearing your sister’s hand-me-down high heel shoes
- Singing and dancing
- Talking about how you’re going to marry Jackson (He’s all about this plan too…)
You have such a great belly laugh – it’s the BEST when you and Peanut crack each other up and the sound of two of my most favorite laughs in the whole world fill up our house!!
There’s that face you make when pretending to be royalty! It always makes me laugh!!
….aaaaand there’s more of that sassiness! You LOVED doing dance last year because of getting to wear sparkly costume and makeup, not to mention the fact that you had an audience – you were on cloud 9 doing those dance recitals!
You are growing like a weed & I never, ever want to forget what it’s like to look down on your smiling face!
Sweet girl, you are going to change the world!! I’m proud of the girl you are and I can’t wait to watch you grow into the woman you’re becoming. I love you all the way to Pluto & back, deeper than the ocean & wider than the sky!!!